Hi guys, this is Jerry, and with so many of us staying home these days, a lot of us have turned to playing games. So today I thought I would focus on 2-player-only games. Now I don’t personally play a lot of 2-player-only games, because there is usually 4 of us wanting to play games, but I know that there are a lot of couples out there, and these games are great ways to spend time together. I wish that these had been around when my wife and I were younger (prior to children), we basically played a lot of card games back then. (Canasta, Rummy, Cribbage….) Now this list isn’t a comprehensive list, but it’s a list of 2-player-only games I have played and enjoyed (it just so happens to consist of 10 games….. what are the odds?) I hope you enjoy my list of favorite 2 player boardgames!
10. Star Wars Destiny – A cool and quick collectible card game with dice set in the Star Wars universe.
9. The Fox in the Forest Duet – A cooperative trick taking card game that is surprisingly strategic.
8. Battle Line Medieval – A great back and forth card playing game where you’re trying to control various points along a line between the players.
7. Jaipur – A great little set collection/hand management game with some press your luck thrown in.
6. The Fox in the Forest – A nice trick taking game, with special abilities. The competitive version of Duet.
5. Patchwork – A Tetris like tile placing game that’s a whole lot of fun!
4. Naga Raja – A different game with some really cool little features, and a cool Indiana Jones feel theme.
3. Arkham Horror the card game – This is much longer game, but worth it! A great story telling game set in the Cthulhu universe.
2. 7 Wonders Duel – Set Collection and drafting civilization game, with multiple paths to victory. So Much Fun!
1. Blitzkrieg! – This is a great tug of war/ Back and forth type game with a WWII theme! It’s a bag pulling game and is quick and so much fun!
So there’s my list. Hope you enjoyed reading it, and if you have a chance, check out these games. Also, did I leave off your favorite game? Let me know, there is a chance I haven’t played it, and I am always looking to play new games. Thanks!