Join us for May the 4th by playing the fun strategy game Star Wars Imperial Assault! Fight the empire, become heroes, and bring peace to the galaxy!
Watch out! The Galactic Empire is advancing their forces, and it’s only up to the brave heroes of the Rebel Alliance to stop them! Join your friends in Star Wars Imperial Assault to stop Darth Vader and his forces.
Here at Off the Shelf Games, you can fully enjoy the 1-5 player tactical board game with fully painted minis! We finished the final ones live on twitch, which you can watch here. Otherwise, you can see all of the finished products down below – heroes, storm troopers, and everyone in-between.
The Painted Minis
Watch the Livestreams Here!
Here’s all the streams we’ve recorded painting the Star Wars Imperial Assault minis, uploaded to Youtube for your viewing convenience! As of this moment, we’re still trying to get them all uploaded, so you may not be able to find all the videos you want. Don’t worry! We promise we’re getting them uploaded as soon as possible.
If you want to join in with the fun, join us on Twitch every Saturday morning from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM where we’ll be going through our library of 700+ games and painting every mini we find! And if this isn’t your jam, tell a friend! We always appreciate the support, and hope that they’ll find something they’ll enjoy too.
As of April 3rd, 2020
Hi guys, this is Jerry again, with Off The Shelf Games. Even though we are on a lock down, there was and is a whole slew of games getting ready to be released. And when this is all over, these will be the ones I’m looking forward to playing the most. I haven’t played any of these games; this is based just on what information has been released for them. So, without any further ado, here is my top 10 upcoming games, not in any order. Enjoy!
10. Kitara by Iello Games – This looks like a cool Area Control type game, with some card drafting. Plus, it has the same name as my Daughter!
9. Santa Monica by AEG – A card drafting, set collection city building game based in Southern California. Looks to be a lot of fun.
8. Mariposas by AEG – Designed by Elizabeth Hargrave, the same designer of Wingspan, but this time it Butterflies not birds. It looks to be a set collection game based on migration. If its anything like Wingspan, it’s going to be great!
7. Tang Garden by Thundergryph Games – A beautiful looking tile placement game where you are building a Chinese garden. With simple turns and lots of ways to score, I’m excited to get this one to the table.
6. Iwari by Thundergryph Games – A Euro type game with some cool looking components.
5. Forgotten Waters by Plaid Hat Games – The newest Crossroads game. It’s a Pirate themed Cooperative storytelling game, that is App supported. I Love Story games, and this one looks Great. I’m really excited for this one!
4. Betrayal at Mystery Mansion by Avalon Hill – A Scooby-Doo Themed Betrayal at House on the Hill….. What more need I say!
3. Far Away by Cherry Picked Games – A 2-player cooperative exploration game with a Sci-Fi theme. Looks to be a heavier 2-player experience than most 2-player only games.
2. Traintopia by Board & Dice – A tile drafting and laying game about trains. What is it that trains have that make them such fun board games?
1. Black Rose Wars by Ludos Magnus Studios – A heavy miniature game with lots of cool mechanics thrown in, this game looks gorgeous and seems like it will be a blast to play!
So, there you have it. We have all these games pre-ordered, so be on the lookout for them once we re-open. And if you are interested in them, give us a call and we will pre-order one for you too! Let me know if there are any games to you are looking forward to and why. Thanks!
The meeples from Tiny Epic Quests seem to have stumbled across a gelatinous cube that’s been eating up the townspeople! Will they be able to successfully defeat the monster, or will the only monsters they’ll be able to fight be goblins?
Find out when we open at 109 Rea Avenue in El Cajon, California, in early December, where you can play all sorts of games from D&D to Tiny Epic Quests!
Short answer….. Because they are fun!
I have always loved games, all kinds of games. From traditional Board games like Monopoly and Clue; Card Games like Spades and Hearts; to Active Games like Tag and Hide and go Seek. And I would argue that Everyone loves games of some sort: Sports are structured physical games, and everyone plays some sort of Video Game on thier phone, if not on a console or Computer, and lets not forget that Las Vegas is a city built on Games! (of course there is the lure of cash that goes along with that) So with that in mind, I was shocked when I discovered that there are Literally Thousands of different board games available! And they really all have different feels to them, with different mechanics and themes. So I started buying them and playing them with my family, and we all became hooked! There is nothing like sitting around the table for a couple of hours, and seeing who can build the best Railroad (Ticket to Ride); Who can build the best settlements (Catan); Who is the best racer (Formula D); Or if we can all gather treasure and survive a sinking island (Forbidden Island). We would then introduce these games to our family and friends, and they would Love them and ask where they can get them. But with the amount and variety of these games out there, and the cost, it can become overwhelming to find which one would best suit a Family or person. So we decided to open up a store that would not only sell the games, but have them available to play! That way a person, couple, or family can come in, sit down, play a game or two, and then decide if it is something they would want to take home or not. When we open, we will have a starting Library of over 600 Games available for play, and we will be adding more weekly, so there will always be something available for someone to try out!
I hope that answered the question, But if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.